Friday, September 12, 2014

Los Angeles Sports Fan

       I am not only a basketball fan. I also love baseball. I am a Los Angeles Dodgers fan. My whole family goes for the Dodgers. The Dodgers have been the favorite team for this family for 3 generations. My grandpa was a fan, my dad is a fan, and I am.
       My favorite players on the team are Clayton Kershaw, Yasiel Puig, and Matt Kemp. These are the 3 best players on the team. The whole team is good, but those were the 3 best. Clayton Kershaw is only 25 and is already on of the best pitchers in the game. He won the Cy Young award twice in his career. Yasiel Puig is only in his second season in the MLB and he has already one of the best power hitters to play the game. And lastly, Matt Kemp, he has been on the Dodgers the longest. He is an RBI machine.
       The Dodgers are on the top of the NL West right now and are ready for the playoff witch is not that long from now. I remember hearing Yasiel Puig saying this a couple weeks ago. He said, "If you don't win in September, you don't play in September." Well the Dodgers have been winning. They've been winning this whole season. The team has had a safe 2 to 3 game lead over the second runner-up, the giants, the whole season.
       The Giants are the Dodgers rivals. They are in the same division as the Dodgers, the NL West. They have been World Series Champions 2 out of 4 years. I believe that it is our turn this year though. Even Clayton Kershaw said it in an interview. He said, "It's either win the World Series or bust."
       It is a good time to be a Dodgers fan. I'm always going to be a Dodgers fan. I don't care if they are doing bad or good. They will always be my favorite team. It is always nice when they are doing good though.

1 comment:

  1. I also think that the same 3 are the best. I think that because that is all I hear about when I hear about the Dodgers. It is super crazy that Kershaw is so young and already has 2 Cy Young awards. They thought so positive but didn't get the outcome. But I bet they will get something in the upcoming years.

    ReplyDelete