Thursday, September 18, 2014

Dodgers Blowout Win Against Their Rival

       The Dodgers played the Giants on September 13, 2014. The Dodgers ended up winning 17 to 0. It was a shutout win with the pitcher as Zach Greinke. Not only did Zach Greinke do great in pitching by keeping the Giants at 0 points, but he also got a couple hits. He hit a double in the 4th and a home run in the 6th. That was Greinke's 4th home run in his career.

       The rest of the Dodgers did great in hitting also. The Dodgers got a season high of 24 hits in that game. Greinke only let the Giants hit 5 balls and none of them scored a man. This game made the Dodgers 2 games ahead of the Giants at the top of their division. It also gave them a guaranteed first place spot in the NL West. This will bring them into the playoffs.

       This shutout win was the largest shutout win by either team in the history of this series. This was a great all-around game by the Dodgers. The Dodgers had a shutout loss against the Giants just the game before this shutout win. Don Mattingly, the manager and former MLB player said, "That was a little different game, huh?" I believe he is right. The Dodgers only had 3 hits their game before this one. They had 24 hits this game. They had 8 times more hits than their last game. I would say that that is definitely a different game.

       The Dodgers and Giants series are always interesting. The games are usually closer though. It seems like everybody does a little better in these series. These series can have a big impact on the Dodgers since the Giants are in the same division and is right under the Dodgers. These games can either put the nails in the coffin to bring the Dodgers to the playoffs or let the runner up become first in the division.

       These games are always my favorite to watch. It is my favorite because everyone does just a little bit better. It is reaching the end of the season and 2 division teams are fighting for the top. These are one of the most important games of the season for the leaders. Nobody wants to lose these games because it can make your whole season be for nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Haha... that was a great win against the Giants. I saw it on SportsCenter and I was like no way. Dodgers are no joke this year. Just hope they can make the series. 17-0! haha.. still can not get over that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not believe that they won 17-0! That is crazy. I was kind of jealous when I heard that they won by that much. I was only jealous because I am a Mariners fan and they have never won by that much. But, I am becoming a Dodgers fan so I am quite happy that they have been beating the Giants. I just hope they win the whole thing, the post season, and the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete