Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday's Basketball Game

       I play for the St. Paul Sea Parrots. I am the starting center for the team. I love playing for my hometown team. I am a senior and have been playing since my freshman year. It is a good way to make new friends, and get a lot of experience on the court.

       Last Friday, I played against the community team. They are all adults. It gives us good experience and gets us ready for regionals. The adults are skilled, but they have bad attitudes. Well, most of them have bad attitudes.

       It was a close game. It was one of the hardest teams that we were going to face this year. When we play basketball with the community team, the game seems more emotional. I like it that way. It makes me want to win more. We ended up beating them by 4 points at the end of the game.

       I had 16 points and plenty of rebounds that game. I've been doing pretty good lately. I think that I've only been doing good when I get a lot of offensive rebounds. It kind of gives me a little spark and energy. Sometimes I can't get offensive rebounds because I'm too out of shape, but I'm not too bad right now.

1 comment:

  1. You are a very good center for us, the Sea Parrots, because are not afraid of pushing anyone around for the ball. You are so good at getting your offensive rebounds and shooting. You are a strong guy. The bad thing about shooting after you get the offensive rebound is if you move the wrong way when there is an open shot. For example, you're left handed and you will tend to go to your left, however, your right is sometimes open. But you are doing a great job, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete